Boris Johnson warned he’ll be ‘wiped out’ unless he takes back control of fishing from EU
BORIS JOHNSON “will be wiped” out as Prime Minister if he fails to protect the rights of British fisherman a leading group has warned.
Brexit: June Mummery warns Barnier over UK fishing waters
Mr Johnson will soon thrash out a trade deal with the EU when the UK exits the trade bloc on January 31. One of the key battlegrounds for those negotiations will be the future agreement over British fishing waters.
However, if Mr Johnson does not scrap the much-maligned Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) and secure British fishing waters, his time as Prime Minister could soon come to an end said Alan Hastings, one of the founders of Fishing for Leave.
Mr Hastings told Express.co.uk: “Boris needs to protect British waters.
“There is a huge public expectation that he will take back fishing from the EU.
“If he doesn’t, he will be wiped out.”
Brexit news: Boris must secure UK fishing claims group
Brexit news: Fishing for Leave issues demand
The CFP agreement was first created in the 1970s and has gone through a series of updates, the most recent of which was in 2014.
The agreement was created to manage fish stock across the EU, while also allowing member states to exploit the bloc’s large exclusive economic zone.
The agreement has long been criticised for exploiting the rich fishing waters around the UK and setting unreasonable quotas.
Mr Hastings argued the Prime Minister must use this opportunity to exercise the “ghost of Edward Heath” – the Prime Minister who led the UK into the EU – by becoming an independent state which controls its own waters.
Brexit news: Fishing for Leave demands the UK scrap the CFP
Thanks to Brexit, Mr Hastings argued the UK can finally utilise its own waters similar to that of Norway and Iceland, both of which govern their own waters while being closely aligned with the EU.
He added: “We need to take the opportunity and rejuvenate the coastal towns.
“We need a clean break from CFP.
“If we don’t, it will pretty much be the end of UK fishing as we know it.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- IF BORIS THINKS BREXITEERS ARE ONLY RIGHT WING – HE SHOULD WATCH HIS COMFORT ZONE. MOST BREXITEERS DESERTED CORBYN FOR A LEXIT – RISKY BUSINESS BORIS
- BORIS -GIVE THE EU THE V SIGN FOR VICTORY – NO DEAL- LEAVE IN JUNE – THEY HAD THEIR CHANCE AND BARNIER BLEW IT
- NO TO EU FISHING IN BRITISH WATERS – BORIS TO GET FILLETED IF HE LETS THE FISHING INDUSTRY DOWN OVER BREXIT
- Brexit will be ‘GREAT’ for fishing industry says British fisherman- They have ripped into Theresa May for selling out the industry, and have warned “our freedom is in peril”.
- NO FROGS HERE !
- BURNT TOAST FOR BRITAIN’S BREXIT BREAKFAST WHILE THE EU WILL SMIRK ON FOIE GRAS