Bill Cash explodes at Brussels in furious Brexit deal rant
THE EU’s “struggle” to treat the United Kingdom as a “sovereign equal” was the subject of an angry rant in a parliamentary committee questioning as Sir Bill Cash pointed to two major principles Brussels would “continuously assert”.
The EU‘s fury over Britain’s controversial Internal Market Bill has been dismissed by Conservative MP, Sir Bill Cash. The Chair of the European Scrutiny Committee was questioning Paymaster General Penny Mordaunt over the union’s legal challenge to the bill. Sir Bill said the UK will “achieve full independence” either way at the end of the Brexit transition period.
He told the committee: “The reality is apparent to many on all sides of the equation.
“The issue of how far the question of sovereignty extends is very important indeed.
“In 2017 when negotiations were starting up, we made our point clear in this committee about the manner in which we were dissatisfied with the way in which the negotiations were then being conducted.
“Then we realised there were two principles that the EU continuously assert and then put into practice.”
‘EU doesn’t get it!’ Bill Cash explodes at Brussels in furious Brexit deal threat
‘We want to conclude issues, we do not want them to be roaming on.’
Sir Bill continued: “One is that we must never be allowed to compete effectively with the EU.
“That’s point number one, a cardinal principle.
“The second thing is that for all their words in the documentation on the withdrawal agreement and the protocol regarding sovereignty, they simply neither get, nor want to get, nor appear to be prepared to concede that when we leave, we leave as a sovereign nation.
“In the words of Lord David Frost, we achieve full independence.”
‘One is that we must never be allowed to compete effectively with the EU.’
The MP added: “The Prime Minister made that again quite clear in what he said when he referred to control over laws.”
The European Commission confirmed that it is starting legal proceedings against the British Government.
This is due to parts of the internal market bill that seek to override the Brexit withdrawal agreement.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- OCTOBER 15TH IS NO DEAL DAY – OR IS BORIS BLUFFING, WEAKENING & “THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF” ?
- “EU plots to SUE Britain unless May forks over £39billion divorce bill in no-deal scenario” AFTER INVOKING ARTICLE 50 BRITAIN SHOULD HAVE LEFT IMMEDIATELY- SUPPORT A NO DEAL NOW – LEAVE THE EU AND KEEP THE £39 BILLION
- “GET IT DONE” AND GET USED TO IT – CHOOSE YOUR FIGHT EU- AND MEET YOUR WATERLOO 2 – MOBILISE THE SPITFIRES
- BRITAIN WON WW2 AND EUROPE & ASIA WON THE CAPITALISTS PEACE – MORE REPARATION MUST BE DEMANDED FOR DAMAGES TO BRITAIN AND FREEDOM FROM FASCISM
- ELEPHANTS NEVER FORGET, BORIS AND NEITHER DO THE ELECTORATE WHO THINK YOU HAVE LOST THE PLOT AND ARE SPINNING IT OUT HOPING THEY WILL GET TIRED OF YOUR YES NO MAYBE YAWN
- ‘It’s all about no-deal Brexit’ and ‘God doesn’t trust a Brit in the dark