Ecuador named as the ‘best country in the world to retire to’
Although Ecuador ranks 65th on The Economist’s quality-of-life scale, the country’s lush climate and affordable health-care have put it at the top of the list.
Saturday 3 Jan 2015 4:22 pm
Four out of the top five countries on the list were in Latin America.
Interestingly, none of the world’s top five richest countries by 2014 GDP (China, USA, India, Japan and Germany) featured on the list – and no, neither did Britain.
The full list, in order, is:
5. Costa Rica
15. New Zealand
21. Dominican Republic
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Transparency International Corruption Scale
- Organisation of American States – Met in Lima on 13 & 14th April 2018
- YOUR ARMCHAIR PLANNING GUIDE TO THE WORLD CUP
- Close these Israeli Embassies or be Complicit in Murder of Palestinian Children
- Inquisitive about the World Jewish Population
- Politics – Global Corruption Index