MPs have called for people coming to the end of life to receive free social care,
helping more people to die at home if they want to, reports the BBC.
The Commons Health Committee said it wants the Government to ensure no-one dies in hospital,
rather than at home, ‘for want of a social care package of support’.
Care minister Norman Lamb said: ‘We are looking carefully at the costs and benefits of this policy,
but we know that thanks to the hard work of health and care staff and carers,
many people already receive good end-of-life care
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Discharging the Elderly too Early Results in Complications
- CARE ? – TELL SIMPLE SIMON TO CONCENTRATE ON HIS STANDARDS OF CARE – SOME OF HIS CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE FALL VERY SHORT ON QUALITY OF CARE
- Health-A Lack of Basic Care Results in Care Home Deaths-Inspectors or the Lack are Responsible !
- Heartless, Unstable, & Without Compassion, May Mistakes Strength with Brawn and a Lack of Brains
- The Medical Final Solution ?
- Time for real dignity in older age