LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) – Britain recorded 24,885 new coronavirus infections on Saturday, down from 27,125 a day earlier, and 18 deaths, also lower than the 27 reported on Friday, official data showed.
Daily positive cases have been rising in Britain for a month but a rapid vaccination programme appears to have weakened the link between infections and deaths.
The data also showed that 45.1 million people have had a first dose of a vaccine and 33.4 million have had two.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- IT’S YOUR FAULT BORIS – THIS PLAN IS PLAIN WRONG – REAL PEOPLE ARE DYING YOU FAT FRIAR – AND SACK THE SERVING BOY
- COVID COMMON SENSE FLIES OUT OF THE WINDOW AS VACCINE RESTRICTED TO INDIVIDUALS NOT HOUSEHOLDS – OAP HAD VACCINE GOT COVID FROM YOUNGER WIFE WHO HAS NOT HAD VACCINE
- THIS MAN IS DERANGED ! DURING LOCKDOWN TENS OF THOUSANDS DIED OF COVID….
- “TO DO THE PATIENT NO HARM”
- Mass free antibody tests is commonsense
- UK growth slows sharply in July