Scottish health chief RESIGNS after police tell her off for breaking Covid-19 lockdown rules
“It is with a heavy heart that I resign as chief medical officer,” she said in a brief statement, admitting that a “justifiable focus” on her behavior “risked becoming a distraction” from the hugely important task of getting the country through the coronavirus crisis.
I am deeply sorry for my actions and the mistakes I have made.
Dr Calderwood was publicly imploring Scots to adhere to the ‘stay at home’ measures, while privately she was traveling to the east coast of Scotland to visit her second home at weekends. She was photographed with her family near a coastal retreat in Earlsferry, and the images were published in the Scottish Sun late on Saturday.
The revelations prompted the police to visit Dr Calderwood’s home and issue her with a warning that the “legal instructions on not leaving your home without a reasonable excuse apply to everyone.”
The furore initially forced Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to exclude Dr Calderwood from daily media briefings, but following a further conversation the medic announced her resignation.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- GET GP’S AND PUBLIC HEALTH WORKERS OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE – COUNCIL CABINETS OFF THEIR PERCHES
- CUMMINGS AND GOINGS _ MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS – HE GOT FOUND OUT – HOW ? WILL HE BE A REMAINER OR LEAVER ?
- FRIENDS IN HIGH AND LOW PLACES ?
- Shitty Whitty fears for his Second Half Selection as Inside Forward
- SCUMMINGS FUCKED UP – BORIS’S COVER UP PLAN WAS WORKING UNTIL THEN
- CLAP OR SLAP -AS BORIS CRAPS ON THE NURSING PROFESSION