Brexit latest: UK should brace itself for months of food shortages from 1 January, delivery experts say
According to the boss of Europe’s largest haulage trade body, the UK is looking at a ‘nightmare scenario’ that will lead to ‘weeks, if not months’ of shortages
The UK should brace itself for months of food shortages from 1 January as strict European rules are enforced and the prospect of long delays at the customs border scare off truck drivers from even attempting to deliver goods across the Channel, experts on both sides of the channel have claimed.
According to the boss of Europe’s largest haulage trade body, the UK is looking at a “nightmare scenario” that will lead to “weeks, if not months” of food shortages after the Brexit transition period comes to an end in just four weeks.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- WHAT RIGHTSANDWRONGS.CO.UK IS STILL SAYING
- ‘We didn’t vote for this!’ Boris Johnson brutally ripped apart over handling of Brexit – CHUNNEL CHAOS ? – MAKE EU IMPORTS TO UK EXIT VIA NORTHERN IRELAND TO THE IRISH REPUBLIC – SOLUTION “CORK”ED
- SHACKLED & SUNK – MAY’S CUSTOMS UNION IF IT GIVES EU FISHERMEN ACCESS TO BRITISH WATERS – AND EU FARMERS FOOD IMPORTS A FREE ACCESS – WE NEED A 200 MILE FISHING EXCLUSION ZONE AND THE CHANNEL UNDER BRITISH CONTROL TO IMPORTS
- FRANCE THREATENS THE UK ! – THE EU NASTY PARTY – WHO CAN SUPPORT REMAIN NOW – BRITISH NAVY TO BLOCK CALAIS TO THE FROGS AND THE CHANNEL AS UK TRAFFIC HEADS FOR BELGIUM, HOLLAND OR NORWAY BUT NOT VIA EIRE
- BORIS DEALS A BAD HAND TO IRELAND
- What is the backstop? An answer – WE do nothing ! The Government have always been very good at that What I mean is we leave our border open and let Ireland and the EU decide if they are going to leave their border open too. No Backstop or Front Stop