This is one of England’s most special places – a stunning landscape of open heather moors and peatlands, attractive dales and hay meadows, tumbling upland rivers, wonderful woods, welcoming communities, intriguing imprints of a mining and industrial past, distinctive birds, animals and plants and much, much more. In recognition of its special qualities the area has been designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The North Pennines is also a UNESCO Global Geopark – highlighting its globally important Earth heritage.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Lincoln City Council, North Kesteven & Lincolnshire Councils have not yet passed the Environmental Test for Waste
- National Perks Interests for Parks Controllers Punishes Park Producers
- IT IS NOT ALL FAKE NEWS AT THE BBC ?
- The Culture of Indifference
- Think Mint -New Pots – Old Medicines -Tea ?
- SO YOU LIVE IN COUNTY DURHAM ?