Tories’ plans for NHS visa ‘full of holes,’ says Diane Abbott
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2019
BORIS JOHNSON’s plans for a new “NHS visa” to attract doctors and nurses to work in Britain is “full of holes,” Diane Abbott said today.
The scheme, part of Tory plans for a post-Brexit points-based immigration system, would halve the visa cost to £464 and applicants would be guaranteed a decision within two weeks.
There would be no cap on the number of applicants coming to work in the NHS who would receive extra points.
Shadow home secretary Ms Abbott slammed the government for having used “dog-whistle anti-migrant rhetoric” while “tying themselves in knots” over how to fix worker shortages.
She said that the policy has “nothing to say about the nurses earning below their income threshold, as well as all the cooks, cleaners, hospital porters and others who are vital to hospitals — and nothing at all about their right to bring family members here.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- TORIES FUCK THEMSELVES OVER IMMIGRANT SKILLS- WILL THE LAST IMMIGRANT TO LEAVE THIS ROTTEN BRITAIN PLEASE SHUT THE DOOR WHEN THEY TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY WITH THEM
- About 95% of official veterinarians (OVs) working in UK abattoirs are from overseas, predominantly the EU. EARNING £25k OR LESS
- “Johnson forced to drop NHS surcharge for migrant health workers” – COLOURED IMMIGRANTS ? – ASK BORIS IF HE INCLUDES CARE WORKERS IN CARE HOMES AND THE COMMUNITY – IF NOT PIN HIM TO THE FLOOR UNTIL HE DOES
- NO ONE IS ILLEGAL ! EXCEPT BY THIS TORY FASCIST SCANDALOUS EXTORTIONIST ACTION , PURE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST REQUIRED IMMIGRANTS, DISGUSTINGLY EXTRAVAGANT AND RACIST CORRUPTION OF ANY INVITATION TO A CIVILISED SOCIETY BY THIS FUCKING TORY GOVENMENT
- France refuses to intercept UK-bound migrant boats, despite London’s £192mn for Paris to tackle illegal migration
- Options for farmers to secure migrant labour from 2021