Ken Loach: Senior staff who conspired against Corbyn a ‘rotten, disgusting clique’
DIRECTOR Ken Loach has demanded an open inquiry into revelations that a “rotten, disgusting clique” of senior Labour staff worked for the party’s defeat in the 2017 election.
The left-wing activist and award-winning director said dealing with the issue was the new Labour cabinet’s “first big test.”
The shocking indications that senior staff had worked for the party’s defeat under former leader Jeremy Corbyn were uncovered earlier this month in a leaked Labour report.
Mr Loach said a public inquiry must be launched to “really disentangle” what happened.
He also said the report must be submitted in full to the Equalities and Human Rights Commission for its probe into anti-semitism in the Labour Party.
Explaining why, Mr Loach argued that many key witnesses’ integrity has now been “destroyed” as they were the same people accused of deliberately mishandling complaints of anti-semitism so it would reflect badly on the Labour leadership.
Speaking at a People’s Assembly webinar last night, Mr Loach added that despite many people’s anger, they should not leave the party.
“My view is, for what it’s worth, that we have to stay and fight,” he said.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Jeremy Corbyn | My statement on our action plan on tackling anti-Semitism and other forms of racism- 2019
- BUT LABOUR IS NOT THE LEFT ………………TELL JEREMY …THE PEOPLE’S PARTY COULD BE – SID SAYS
- CLOAK AND DAGGER LABOUR PARTY RIGHT WING DIRTY TRICKS CAMPAIGN AGAINST CORBYN HEADING FOR A COVER UP
- Starmer’s Panorama decision perpetuates lies about Corbyn’s Labour
- “Labour rebels ‘should just go’”and so should restrictions on reading about it in the Morning Star
- EXPULSION & EXCLUSION – STARMER IS DOING THE LEFT A FAVOUR – ONE MORE PUSH AND A PHOENIX RISES FROM HIS ASHES. A PEOPLE’S PARTY – A SOCIALIST BREXIT MARKET PARTY