LONDON (Reuters) – British Prime Minister Theresa May cannot expect the opposition Labour Party to save her in a parliamentary vote on any Brexit deal, Emily Thornberry, Labour’s foreign affairs policy chief, said on Sunday.
“What we’ve said is that you cannot simply come to the House of Commons with a bit of nonsense … you cannot expect the Labour Party to save you from your own backbenchers,” Thornberry told the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show, saying Labour would vote against any deal that did not meet its tests.
“If May loses the vote in parliament, Thornberry said: “First stage is we demand a general election … if we don’t get a general election, then what we have said is all options remain on the table.”
Reporting by Elizabeth Piper; Editing by Janet Lawrence
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- TELL McCLUSKEY TO THINK AGAIN – MANY HAVE HANDED IN THEIR UNITE UNION & LABOUR CARD OVER LABOUR BREXIT OPPOSITION – THESE THE LEFT CANDIDATES NEED NOW MORE THAN BLIARITES
- CORBYN – WE (LEFT AND RIGHT) WANT OUT
- LABOUR’S STARMER IS THE NO 1 SNIVELING LICKSPITTLE CESSPIT AND SHOULD BE SENT PACKING – HE COULD LOSE LABOUR A GENERAL ELECTION WITH TALK LIKE THAT
- NOVEMBER 5th + 20 = 25th When The Parliamentary VOTE ON BREXIT GOES POP FOR MAY
- WHAT WE WANT IS A GENERAL ELECTION ! – BEST FOR BRITAIN – THE EU – AND ….. MP’S
- GOVE THE SQUIRT – BULLIED AT SCHOOL ? BEATEN ON THE BOTTOM ? – IN EARLIER TIMES HE WOULD HAVE BEEN STRUNG UP BY NOW, THE TRAITOR HE IS TO THE LEAVE CAMPAIGN