Our country has been preparing to face the pandemic caused by the appearance of a new coronavirus, which has impacted more than a hundred countries, to date, causing a significant number of cases of illness and deaths.
As a result of the implementation of the National Plan for the Prevention and Control of the disease, and intensive monitoring of respiratory syndromes, suspicious cases have been identified and patients admitted to hospitals. On March 10, 2020, identified with such symptoms were four Italian tourists, staying at a hostel in the city of Trinidad in the province of Sancti Spíritus. They had arrived at Havana’s José Martí International Airport on Monday, March 9, and traveled to Trinidad that same day. They were immediately admitted to Pedro Kourí Institute of Tropical Medicine (IPK).
On March 11, 2020, the IPK National Reference Laboratory reported that three of the four tourists, in isolation since the 10th, tested positive for the new SARS COV-2 Coronavirus.
Persons identified as having had contact with the patients, who remain asymptomatic, are being monitored and required epidemiological control actions are being carried out.
The confirmed patients are responding favorably and none is in life threatening condition, at this time.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- CUBA -Diaz-Canel calls for intensifying measures to confront Covid-19, and continuing work with the population
- BREAKING NEWS – 28,000 UK HOSPITAL DEATHS CAUSED BY 19C HOSPITAL FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT FOR WHICH THE GOVERNMENT IS WHOLLY RESPONSIBLE
- EXCUSES ? ” YOU HAVE AN UNDERLYING CONDITION” AND A HOSPITAL ADMISSION IS AN OPTION ? – THINK AGAIN
- HOSPITALS HAVE BECOME DEATH TRAPS – THE PRIMARY HEALTH SERVICE HAS GONE UNDERGROUND & THE SECONDARY LEVEL – CONSULTATIONS AND HOSPITAL CARE FROZEN – LEAVING MORE PATIENTS TO DIE AT HOME AND THEY STILL CALL IT QUALITY OF CARE
- IF TEN PEOPLE DIED ON THE ROAD YESTERDAY IT WOULD BE CLAIMED AS CARNAGE – NOTE THEY ARE STILL DYING OF COVID 19 IN THE NORTH EAST – NUMBERS EXCLUDE THE COMMUNITY
- BREAKING NEWS -CONFIRMED COVID 19 ? AVOID PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND & CROSS INFECTION AS YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT