Chinese tractors support Cuban agriculture
Cuba’s acquisition of 587 tractors from the Chinese company YTO, a leader in the manufacture of farm equipment, is an encouraging development for the country’s food producers
Author: AIN | email@example.com
october 14, 2015 10:10:31
The Chinese farm equipment company YTO is supplying Cuba with tractors to support food production. Photo: AIN
Cuba’s acquisition of 587 tractors from the Chinese company YTO, a leader in the manufacture of farm equipment, is an encouraging development for the country’s food producers, given the obsolescence of most equipment in the sector.
Speaking with AIN, Pedro Sotto, general director of the Agricultural Engineering Research Institute, which evaluates the efficiency of equipment being considered for import, emphasized the importance of this purchase, since it will provide significant support to prioritized areas, such as the production of beans, sugar and milk.
He explained that, as part of the agreement between the Chinese company and the Cuban state enterprise Tecnoimport, his institution evaluated tractors of several different sizes, which were tested by technicians from both countries, and local operators trained.
Sotto reported that the 160 horsepower tractors were chosen for the sugar industry, for the cane harvest and soil preparation; while smaller models, between 65 and 90 horsepower are destined for lighter agricultural work.
The costly tractors should contribute to more efficient use of resources and optimizing yields, Sotto said, noting that the purchase was possible thanks to favorable credit terms offered by the Chinese company.
He explained that before the tractors were imported, Cuban technicians received training in the Chinese factories where they were produced, and analyzed problems which appeared during a trial period.
The contract between the two companies also guarantees the provision of replacement parts, which have already been delivered, to ensure the performance of the new equipment for at least two years, Sotto noted.
The tractors arrived to Cuban soil in August, and will be distributed in all provinces, in accordance with Ministry of Agriculture policies, in particular to support programs directed toward the substitution of food imports, including beans and milk.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- HOW TO ADVOCATE SOCIALISM AND LOSE FRIENDS – STARVE US TO DEATH BY RETURNING TO EXTENSIVE FARMING METHODS
- BORIS GIVE THE LIQUID MILK MOUNTAIN AWAY FREE TO CHILDREN IN LOCKDOWN-COUNTY COUNCILS, LIKE BLINKERED DURHAM, COULD HAVE GOT OFF THEIR BACKSIDES AND ISSUED 1/2 LITRE VOUCHERS TO EVERY SCHOOL CHILD UNDER THEIR RESPONSIBILITY WITHOUT BEING INSTRUCTED
- Agriculture and Forestry Climate Change Impacts – ON YOUR FOOD SUPPLY – BECAUSE MOST FOOD COMES FROM FARMS !
- DO YOU CARE ABOUT WHERE THE FOOD YOU EAT COMES FROM ?
- SOYA DRINK IS NOT MILK -‘Fake milk’ highlights need to promote health benefits of cow’s milk “Cow’s milk is still one of the most natural products you can have and is full of vitamins and minerals,
- KILLING OFF RUMINANTS WILL RESULT IN BRITAIN BEING SWAMPED WITH GRASS