Lu Yuan, an eighth-grade student in Hangzhou, east China’s Zhejiang province, has invented a smart gadget to help his grandfather’s sister, who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease, recognize people.
(People’s Daily Online) 10:25, November 11, 2020
Lu, 15, started to learn programming in the fourth grade. Since his grandfather’s sister, who is now 76 years old, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease about six years ago, he has been thinking about how to help her with her condition.
Over a month later, Lu made a smart necklace with a camera that can collect portraits and help Alzheimer’s patient recognize people using the facial recognition function.
The device can also tell whether she is indoors or walking outdoors based on the intensity of the ultraviolet radiation. If she stays outside for more than 20 minutes, the device will remind her to go home and tell her what her home address is.
Netizens had high praise for Lu’s gadget and the heart-warming way it helps Alzheimer’s patients.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- AN EDUCATIONAL & ECONOMY MOMENT OF GOVERNMENT MADNESS
- UNIVERSITY TRAINED CHIEF NURSE WANTS RETIRED NURSES TO RETURN TO BE SPAT AT ?
- GOVERNMENT CLUELESS – HOSPITAL’S DEATH BEDS – GP’S “DON’T CALL US”- DIAL 111- PUBLIC KNOW THE NHS IS UNSAFE -BETTER DIE IN YOUR OWN BED – IN A STATE CONCENTRATION CAMP
- Our cover editorial this week starts with the depressing prospect of the global recorded deaths from covid-19 surpassing 1m.
- The Complete Guide to Using CPAP with Oxygen
- Hospitals are Full of Patients, Many Dying-The Country is in Lockdown, the VIRUS continues to kill, yet the DISEASE is NOT a High Consequence Infectious Disease (HCID) – And the Looney Bin’s are still in charge of the brains that run the “SHOW”