Developing | Coronavirus: China to have 600 million doses of vaccines ‘ready for use this year’
- Scientist in charge of vaccine development says there will be ‘a major announcement’ in the next one to two weeks
- Two inactivated vaccines are in the final stage of clinical trials, but the drug makers have yet to release any phase 3 data
vaccines ready for use this year and will make “a major announcement” soon, a scientist in charge of vaccine development in the country said on Friday.
Wang Junzhi, from the Chinese Academy of Engineering and also deputy head of an expert task force on vaccine development under the State Council, made the remarks at a briefing in Wuhan.
“Regarding the development of Covid-19 vaccines, there will be a major news announcement in the coming one to two weeks. It’s at the final stage now,” Wang said.
“As planned, there will be 600 million doses of inactivated vaccines ready for market launch this year,” he said, referring to the conventional technique that involves killing off the virus in a lab and using it to trigger an immune response.
Two inactivated vaccines developed by China National Biotec Group (CNBG) and a third by Sinovac Biotech are in the final stage of clinical trials in South America, the Middle East and Asia but the drug makers have yet to release any of the phase 3 data needed for regulatory approval.
CNBG data could be released “soon”, its parent company China National Pharmaceutical Group said on Saturday, while Sinovac is also expected to make an announcement on its phase 3 trial imminently. A Sinovac spokesman said the company could not provide further details when reached for comment on Friday.
More to follow …
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- BREAKTHROUGH NEWS -Coronavirus map LIVE: Huge crowds gather as China claims major breakthrough with vaccine
- VACCINES THAT DO NOT GIVE SUFFICIENT IMMUNITY TO “THIS” COVID VIRUS ARE NOT LIKELY TO BE EFFECTIVE TO MUTATIONS OF THIS VIRUS OR OTHER COVID STRAINS
- ONLY 70% OVERALL SAFE FOR THOSE UNDER 65 TO- DATE – AND THE RISK FOR THE 30% ?
- AGED VACCINATED AGAINST BORIS & HIS CRAZY COVID PLAN
- “Oxford Covid vaccine trials offer hope for elderly- That will not be known until full trial data for the age group has been analysed.”
- WITH GUINEA PIGS THE PROBLEM IS IF YOU PICK THEM UP BY THEIR TAILS THEIR EYES DROP OUT – THIS COULD BE THE SAME WITH A COCKTAIL OF VACCINES