Definition. In a secular society, the powers of the church and the state are separate. Basically, this means that the state’s governing cannot be the result of the policies and beliefs of any organized religion and that no religious leader has automatic political authority.
Multiculturalism – A characteristic of a society that has many different ethnic or national cultures mingling freely. It can also refer to political or social policies which support or encourage such a coexistence.
While the United Kingdom’s official religion is Protestant Christianity, the Church of England remains the state church of its largest constituent region, England. The Monarch of the United Kingdom is the Supreme Governor of the Church, and accordingly, only a Protestant may inherit the British throne.
It is a mistake to believe everyone wants to have religion in their face
Even if there is little option but to have the state’s political authority in their face
In fact a low profile should be kept by both
All religions should keep themselves to themselves
I do not want to hear calls to prayer or state money be given to other than for religious historical listings
No one religion should get involved in politics, even the official one.
The present situation should change. The English Church is a business more than a religion today.
There are a majority of atheists and agnostics in today’s Britain and their interests must bre respected
How can this be achieved ?
Only by being inclusive
Every vote must count
More referendums, census questions, diverse representations
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- THE OTHER CHRISTMAS STORY
- A NO DEAL WOULD BE BETTER THAN A BAD DEAL
- John Barnes’ claim ‘Jews are NOT a race’ in BBC Question Time debate – WELL DONE JOHN BARNES – JUDAISM IS A RELIGION AND THE BBC IS INSTITUTIONALLY BIASED
- THE CHURCH’S TEACHING – THE NEXT LIFE IS BETTER THAN THIS FOR ALL YOU “LOWLY” LOT – SO SUFFER AND KEEP FILLING THE COLLECTION TRAY TO KEEP US IN SEX ABUSE & SODOMY
- Note the Date on the Morning Star report – It’s Brexit Day – A National Holiday ?
- JESUS Christ was not crucified and it was actually Judas who was nailed to the cross by Roman soldiers, an ancient book claims which could lead to the collapse of Christianity.