Geoffrey Boycott is one of Test Match Special’s most outspoken summarisers.
An outstanding schoolboy cricketer, Geoffrey Boycott quickly graduated through club cricket for Ackworth, Barnsley and Leeds, to join the Yorkshire team at the age of 21.
He began an illustrious Test career only two years later in the first Test of the summer against Australia. He went on to score 8,114 runs in an 18-year Test career spanning 108 Test matches.
His partnership with Jonathan Agnew has led them to be described as the ‘Lennon and McCartney’ of cricket broadcasting. He regularly features on the daily Test Match Special podcast.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- THE BBC ARE MISANDRISTS – EMPLOYING SECOND RATE WOMEN ON CHEAPER CONTRACTS – GEOFF BOYCOTT IS THE GREATEST ANALYST THE GAME HAS PRODUCED BECAUSE UNLIKE THE BBC HE KNOWS THE GAME BETTER THAN THE WORMS THAT TURNED THEY ENGAGE NOW- THE WIMPS IN TROUSERS
- NOT GUHA AGAIN ? BRING BACK GEOFF- BRING BACK REAL EXPERIENCE
- GUILT THAT THIS IS NOT A MATCH BUT A STRIKE AT THE HEART OF THE GAME
- TEST MATCH SPECIAL HAS DESCENDED INTO A FAIRIES FARCE
- CRICKET CROCKET
- ARCHER THE GOLDEN CRUSTED FOOL – WHO IS SELLING HIS COLOUR FOR CLOVER & COPPERS – BUT COULD ARCHER BOWL A MAIDEN OVER WITH A FULL PITCHER