A Revolt that is continuing throughout European Countries and the US against European Union membership,
which Britain was never at the the heart of.
We never actually joined the EU because we did not sign the original 1957 Treaty of Rome.
All we did was Heath’s signature on the Act of Accession which was mostly related to preventing trade tariffs.
There had always been an opposition to Europe, long before the 2016 Referendum.
In 2010 UK people’s support was below 30%
After 1957 …”The UK stagnated, while the EEC prospered, and Britain applied for entry in 1963. Britain’s motive was mainly economic — to escape the EEC’s external tariff against British goods, by joining a more dynamic free-trade area. But the motive of preventing the formation of a political bloc was never absent, and ran counter to the European founding fathers’ dream of a political union”
“In the end, French President Charles de Gaulle vetoed the UK’s membership bid, viewing Britain as an American Trojan Horse.”
“Remainers conveniently forget that when Britain voted in 1975 to remain a member of the EEC — after joining in 1973 — the referendum was based on the lie that membership had no political implications.
In fact, the EU’s founders, especially Jean Monnet, saw ever-deeper economic union as a way to forge ever-deeper political union.
In 1986, Thatcher signed the Single European Act (which set the objective of establishing a single market), apparently believing that it was only an extension of free trade in goods to services, capital, and labour”.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- BREXIT IS FAR FROM DONE
- Ramsay MacDonald 2.0: Labour’s EU ‘Deal’ With the Tories-In the name of all those who fought for freedom, I call for a ‘No Deal’ exit from the evil European Union
- Understanding the Brexit Vote
- The Betrayal Goes On!- Labour Party leadership should lead the fight for a (NO DEAL) exit from this rotten bureaucratic E U -Labour who voted to oppose a ‘NO DEAL’ are guilty of betraying the British people Arthur Scargill, Leader, Socialist Labour
- THE LABOUR PARTY WILL NEVER BE A SOCIALIST PARTY AND DOES NOT DESERVE SUPPORT
- A Peoples Exit – Easy to Explain – WAR and Peace