The European Union threatened a trade war if the UK continues to fail to implement checks on goods entering Northern Ireland (NI) under the Brexit agreement.
Britain’s Brexit minister David Frost and European Commission (EC) vice-president Maros Sefcovic failed to break an impasse between the two sides after discussions in London on Wednesday.
The pair have been clashing over when the UK will implement agreed checks on goods moving to and from NI, which remains in the EU single market. Britain is said to be mulling delays to checks, which the bloc believes violates the terms of the Brexit deal.
Sefcovic, who said Britain had agreed that the protocol was the “best solution” after talks concluded, warned on the souring relationship with the UK.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- SLAP THIS GAUL PRESIDENT DOWN – FROGS & SNAILS AND PUPPY DOGS TAILS
- BREXIT MEANS EXIT – PULL THE PLUG ON THE EU – GO INDEPENDENT
- REDUCE EU IMPORTS – SLASH THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS DEFICIT
- BORIS INCAPABLE OF BRINGING THE BREXIT BONANZA TO BRITAIN
- BREXIT MEAN’S EXIT FROM EU COUNTRIES….
- Don’t back Tory Brexit deal