Brexit to blame? Britons miffed after poll shows most EU citizens WOULD NOT help UK in a crisis
Even after a tempestuous Brexit process, the majority of Britons would still have love for EU nations in a crisis, the results revealed. However, nine out of the 13 other states said the feeling was most certainly not mutual.
Greek, Finnish and French people would be the most reluctant to help if the UK was in dire straits. Meanwhile, citizens in influential EU countries such as Germany, Italy and Spain also said they would be unwilling to give financial aid if needed.
Only Denmark, Sweden, Poland and Romania would be happy to help Britons through a crisis, according to the poll.
The cold response revealed by the results has irked many Britons on social media. The thorny issue of Brexit was cited as the predominant reason for the majority of EU nations showing a lack of love for the UK.
“The countries who spent years insulting, attacking, goading and taking money from us… STILL hate us,”tweeted one commenter, who also suggested that only EU-remain supporters would judge the UK as “the ‘bad’ party in this equation.”
Another commenter claimed that the poll showed that voting for Brexit was the right call, saying the UK needed to forge new links with other countries and not rely “on our European neighbors.”
However, there were others online who ostensibly seemed unsurprised, with one person suggesting that “Brexit burned a lot of bridges.” Another put the hostility down to how successive UK governments had treated EU member states.
Negotiations between London and Brussels to seal a new trade agreement from 2021 have stalled in recent months. A major stumbling block revolves around EU state aid rules, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson refusing to be bound by them.
Johnson’s administration has also refused to sign up to EU environmental standards and labor laws, insisting that the purpose of Brexit was to allow the UK to decide its own regulations.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- UK CITIZENS EMIGRATION OPTION – LEAVE FOR 175 DAYS RETURN FOR ONE WEEK IN THE UK THEN LEAVE THE UK FOR ANOTHER 174 DAYS – IT WORKS – YOU REMAIN AND LEAVE – ( ONE RETURN FLIGHT TICKET TWICE A “YEAR” )
- THE TALE OF TWO TALENTS – LOCKDOWN HAS HARDLY AFFECTED HOME PRODUCERS, GROWERS AND CRAFTSMEN
- FARAGE IS FINISHED WHEN BORIS WALKS AWAY FROM BARNIER DEBACLE
- BORIS HESTITATES AND IS TOO WEAK. THE EU KNOW IT – WALK NOW OR BE WALKED ALL OVER BORIS
- GET BORIS DONE AND DUSTED BECAUSE HIS PLAN IS NOT BREXIT
- Rotten Britain Deserves ALL it Gets – LIES INEPTITUDE AND CONTEMPT – WILL THE LAST BRITON TO LEAVE PLEASE TURN OFF THE TORIES LIGHTS