Boris challenges May to drop ‘crazy’ customs partnership
7 MAY 2018 • 9:30PM
Tory Eurosceptics are expected to vent their frustration at Theresa May on Tuesday over the Government’s lack of clear vision for Britain’s future outside the EU.
Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, has openly challenged the Prime Minister to drop the customs partnership deal – under which the UK would collect tariffs for the EU after Brexit – saying it was a “crazy system” that would make it “very difficult to do free trade deals”.
No 10 confirmed Mrs May’s Brexit war cabinet had delayed a decision from a meeting this Thursday on whether Britain will back the customs partnership, or adopt a more light touch customs arrangement.
The war cabinet is split on whether to accept a customs partnership…
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Also the Tory Motto ? – Never Interrupt Your Enemy (Labour) When He is Making a Mistake
- After threatening Britain – Make Barnier Walk the Plank off the Channel Islands
- LEAVERS MUST BRING THE GOVERNMENT DOWN
- Corbyn’s Cunning Plan – Capture the Commons then the EU Dodgy Deal
- Total Brexit – So Get Used to It and No Referendum Re-Run
- Basic Brexit Before Open Borders