‘He hasn’t read his own deal’: Johnson accused of Brexit ‘lies’ on Northern Ireland in bizarre rambling speech (VIDEO)
In what appears to be an impromptu speech to Northern Irish Conservatives on Thursday night, as part of his general election campaign, Johnson made a number of statements that have sparked bewilderment online.
One such claim made by Johnson was that his Brexit agreement with Brussels would mean no “checks on goods going from Northern Ireland to Great Britain.”
However, Sky News political correspondent Lewis Goodall pointed out on Twitter that the PM’s own government papers reveal the “precise opposite” with checks on goods having to take place in both directions.
Many others on social media have insisted that it was no real surprise that he’s been caught misleading people on the details of his Brexit agreement. One person joked: “Since when have pesky things like documented facts and the truth got in the way of a good Lie for Johnson.”
As the lame duck Tory leader rambles on, the gaps between any discernible versions of reality increase. His lumbering frame tries to jump from one slippery stone to another as the water gets deeper. It is no longer a case of ‘if’ he drowns, just ‘when’. #JohnsonTheLiar
Others ridiculed his marked enthusiasm for how Northern Ireland supposedly gets to “keep free movement” of people and “access to the single market” with his deal. Under current EU rules, Northern Ireland already enjoys these two features.
One person mocked: “Nearly as good as staying in the EU.” Meanwhile, others sarcastically suggested that Johnson should try to secure that arrangement for the rest of the UK because it’s a “great deal.”
The UK is not scheduled to leave the EU until January 31 after Brussels granted a three-month extension. All eyes now are on the snap general election, with a five-week campaign culminating in Brits going to the ballot boxes on December 12.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- 5 Tory Promises Broken After Boris Johnson’s Brexit Deal
- ‘We didn’t vote for this!’ Boris Johnson brutally ripped apart over handling of Brexit – CHUNNEL CHAOS ? – MAKE EU IMPORTS TO UK EXIT VIA NORTHERN IRELAND TO THE IRISH REPUBLIC – SOLUTION “CORK”ED
- NORTH v SOUTH – SHUT THE SOUTH OUT UNTIL THEY SEE SENSE
- CORBYN SAYS THE BBC IS BIASED – AND THAT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT – Vote Brexit Party – Drain the Swamp
- ONE A LYING TOAD -ONE DRAGGED SCREAMING INTO THIS ELECTION
- UK MUST ABANDON THE EU FOR WTO TRADE – THE IRISH QUESTION IS UP TO IRELAND