Last week Andrew Bailey states there is no need to lower interest rates presumably because inflation not an issue here in Britain
Lowering interest rates from 0.75% to 0.25% does not take immediate effect – maybe next year so doing it to cure the virus is unlikely to be effective.
Governmemt borrowing is depended on people lending them money at home and interest rates as a sweetener affect that.
Borrowing money abroad depends on foreign rates and if foreigners think we are unsafe then Carney is wrong to lower our rates.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- THE MONEY MARKET – WHO IS AN EXPERT ?
- THE BANK OF ENGLAND IS BORROWING £200BILLION OF YOUR MONEY-THE LIKES OF BRANSON AND BIG BUSINESS WILL GET OFF “SCOT FREE” WHILE YOU PAY IT BACK AFTER ANOTHER TEN YEARS OF AUSTERITY -ITS CALLED CAPITALISM – BUSINESSES GET THE MONEY YOU PAY FOR IT
- NOW IS THE TIME FOR FIRST TIME BUYERS TO GET ON THE HOUSING LADDER ! – THE RADICAL HAS ONE TO SELL WITH £10,000 CASH BACK – GET IN TOUCH
- Low interest rates leave savers with few good options
- Bank of England, facing COVID slump, revives negative rates talk
- Britain nearly went bust in March, says Bank of England