NHS England looking to recruit 2,000 GPs from overseas
NHS England is increasing the target for its overseas recruitment programme from 500 to around 2,000.
It is understood this includes both GPs from the EU and other overseas countries, and comes as part of the Government’s pledge to deliver 5,000 more GPs by 2020.
As first revealed by Pulse, the GP Forward View had committed NHS England to recruiting up to 500 GPs from overseas in a bid to help achieve the goal.
The expanded programme, due to launch this autumn, could see GPs targeted from EU, Australia and New Zealand.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Incompetent Hunt Forced To Search Europe For Dr’s When the NHS Could Train It’s Own With Adequate Public Funds And Why Would Foreign Dr’s Want To Work In a Clapped Out NHS ?
- An Indian NHS ?
- Some Foreigners are More Equal than Others and Some Areas to get more Foreign Medics than Others
- NHS STP-Sustainability and Transformation Plans = SLASH & BURN
- Health- What GP’s think of Jeremy Hunt’s GP Reform’s ?
- Hunt & the Tories are Deliberately Destroying the NHS – Did You Vote For This ? Save the NHS or Lose it