EU citizens spending record €30bn on illegal drugs
Press TV, Brussels
Drug producers and traffickers in the 28-nation EU are getting richer while millions of their customers are getting sicker. That’s the stark conclusion of the EU Drug Markets Report 2019.
Each year, EU citizens are now spending a record €30bn on illegal drugs. 39% of this figure relates to cannabis, 31% cocaine, 25% heroin and 5% amphetamines.
The agencies are calling for greater resources to try and tackle the scourge. The problem is out of control because the EU has allowed countries to join the bloc that don’t enforce rule of law, according to analysts.
Another problem, according to the agencies, relates to modern technology. The internet is facilitating the activities of more than 3,000 criminal gangs in the EU. Online sales, encrypted social networks and even mobile phone taxi applications are among the contributory factors.
Officials have repeatedly made the point, persevering the Iran nuclear deal is important so that authorities in Tehran can continue to clampdown on drug gangs that are attempting to smuggle huge amounts of narcotics from Afghanistan into the EU.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Britain’s Tory Concentration Camp – ON IT’S OWN DOORSTEP THIS TIME
- WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO ? SO CUPBOARDS ARE FULL AND MORE ARE HOME COOKING AT THE EXPENSE OF TAKEAWAYS AND RESTAURANTS
- Exclusive: Drugmakers to hike prices for 2021 as pandemic, political pressure put revenues at risk
- MALAY IS THE PLACE FOR HEROIN AND OPIUM
- Information regarding acute UK hospitals and infectious disease isolation units Written by External Source Last Updated: 14 July 2020 Category: Health ONS “ONLY NOTIONAL STATISTICS” – NOT SO FREEDOM WITH INFORMATION ? THIS TOOK ONE MONTH……….
- UK CAPITALIST MONEY LAUNDERING IS RIFE – YOUR MONEY – BRITAIN IS OPEN FOR DODGY BUSINESS