Coronavirus testing kits delayed for THREE WEEKS, experts confirm
CORONAVIRUS testing kits are not expected to be ready for at least three weeks, experts have confirmed.
Sharon Peacock, director of the national infection service at Public Health England, announced the tests would be on sale on Amazon or at Boots within days.
Last night, Government sources revealed that the test kits would be “subject to successful evaluation of the tests”.
They added that the process might take some time.
Brigette Bard, chief executive of BioSure UK Ltd – one of the manufacturers in talks with PHE – said: “I would say it would be hugely optimistic to be able to get these tests out in three weeks.
The production of groundbreaking testing kits has been delayed
“Three to six weeks is more likely.”
She added that there had been a great level of “miscommunication” about the companies’ ability to rapidly fabricate the kits.
Various suppliers have been asked to provide the tests requested, but none is prepared to distribute them yet.
The tests are said to be able to identify whether an individual is likely to be immune to further infection within just 15 minutes.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said he had ordered 3.5 million tests
Chris Whitty, the Government’s Chief Medical Officer, said NHS are likely to take priority in undergoing the tests.
This is so other citizens will have to wit longer for them.
He added that “the one thing that is worse than no test, is a bad test”.
Boris Johnson yesterday stated that the tests would be conducted on up to 25,000 per day.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- AN ANTIBODY TEST IS GOOD TO CHECK IMMUNITY LEVELS THAT CAN CONFIRM OR NOT THAT IT IS UNLIKELY YOU CAN GET THE COVID VIRUS (AGAIN) LESS SEVERELY – IT DOES NOT STOP YOU TRANSMITTING THE DISEASE
- FIRST SECRETARY OF STATE RAAB SAYS HE PASSES THE BUCK ON DECISIONS TO THE SCIENTISTS YET CUTS PUBLIC RESEARCH BUDGETS
- BRITAIN UNPREPARED THEN & NOW -Shitty Witty Tells Us to Stay Indoors- Cover Up for His Masters Incompetence- “How Many Deaths Will It Take ’til Too Many People Have Died” HAS DURHAM CC NO MAJOR INCIDENT PLAN TO INITIATE ?
- EXPOSE YOURSELF TO THE FACTS – A LACK OF ISOLATION INFECTIOUS DISEASE BEDS – TRAINED STAFF – PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT – INTEREST BY THE CARE & COUNCIL AUTHORITIES AND IS IT ANY WONDER THE INCIDENCE OF AND DEATH FROM COVID 19 IS NOT EVEN HIGHER ? – T
- TORY VIRUS POLICY – COULD DO MUCH BETTER
- COVID 19 – EITHER YOU HAVE IT OR NOT – STOP TESTING OUR PATIENCE – “STEP BACK – STAY AWAY” said the Radical – GET TREATMENT IF YOU FEEL ILL