White House says Trump-Kim meeting scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on June 12
WASHINGTON, June 4 (Xinhua) — U.S. President Donald Trump and the top leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), Kim Jong Un, are scheduled to meet at 9:00 a.m. Singapore time on June 12, the White House said on Monday.
At a press briefing, White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders also said that the U.S. advance team now in Singapore “is finalizing logistical preparations and will remain in place until the summit begins.”
Noting that the U.S. side is “actively” preparing for the meeting, she said that the U.S. delegation in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) along the inter-Korean border continues diplomatic negotiations with the DPRK delegation.
“The discussions have been very positive and significant progress has been made,” she said.
Besides the exchanges in Singapore and the DMZ, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last week met with Kim Yong Chol, vice chairman of the DPRK’s ruling Workers’ Party of Korea Central Committee, in New York.
After meeting Kim Yong Chol who delivered a personal letter from Kim Jong Un, Trump said on Friday that he will meet with the top DPRK leader on June 12 in Singapore as originally scheduled.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Can Kim End the Korean War and Unite North & South With or Without Yankee Dollars
- NOW FOR THE KOREAN UNITY- WITH THE US OUT OF THE WAY – KIM CAN
- Breaking News- Peace and Unity in Korea ?- A Smack in the Eye for US Interference in the Affairs of Another Country
- JAW NOT WAR
- One Korea ? – To Twinkle Toes Trumps Military Two Step
- US PLAYING WAR GAMES WITH SOUTH KOREA – NK SHOULD CANCEL PEACE TALKS WITH THE SOUTH AND PUT CHINA ON RED ALERT