POLL: With Queen to receive MILLIONS, is Treasury right to prop up royals during crisis?
THE QUEEN will pocket millions from the Treasury to prop up the Royal Family’s portfolio as it is hit by the coronavirus crisis. Do you think it’s right for the royals to be handed taxpayer funds during the COVID-19 pandemic?
The monarch’s sprawling estate has lost millions of pounds as even the Royal Family feels the bite of the coronavirus pandemic. So much so, the Queen’s Sovereign Grant will now receive a cash injection from the Treasury to offset a nosedive in profits.
The major cash boost will support the 94-year-old’s property and land investments, which have fallen in value following the UK lockdown to fight the COVID-19 crisis.
But is the Treasury right to prop up the Firm during the coronavirus pandemic?
The monarch’s empire is now worth £13.4billion, according to annual figures.
The Queen will pocket millions from the Treasury to prop up the Royal Family’s portfolio
Before March, when the UK went into a nationwide lockdown, the estate had enjoyed profits of £345million.
Annual profits from the Crown Estate go to the Treasury, with 25 percent passed back to the Firm in the form of a Sovereign Grant.
The Treasury will not allow the Queen’s finances to drop and will ensure they remain the same in 2022 and 2023, according to the Daily Mail.
The monarch’s sprawling estate has lost millions of pounds
The Sovereign Grant for 2021 to 2022 is expected to stay at £86.2 million.
The Treasury spokesman has defended the financial support to the Queen and said the Crown Estate’s revenue “helps pay for our vital public services”.
The spokesman said the Grant does not provide members of the Royal Family with private income.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- CROWN PROPERTIES BELONG TO THE PEOPLE – AND WOULD PAY FOR THE COVID PANDEMIC TWICE OVER
- REPUBLIC -MONARCHIES ARE FINISHED FUTILE AND HAS BEEN FATAL – PUT THEM ALL OUT TO GRASS
- THE MONARCHY -ONE LUXURY TOO MANY – LET BREXIT BRITAIN BECOME A REPUBLIC
- HOW THE QUEEN AND MOTLEY CREW OF HANGERS ON HAVE BECOME SURPLUS TO REQUIREMENTS – £67MILLION SHOULD BUY A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND STARTER HOMES ON CROWN LANDS
- ITS THE SILLY SEASON AGAIN
- NOT KING CHARLES III ? – AFTER THE CHARLES, DIANA & CAMILLA SCANDAL & NOT KING WILLIE THE FIFTH EITHER – SO LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE ! WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE AS PRESIDENT OF THE UK – DAVID ATTENBOROUGH ?