Support the 10 July strikes!
With incomes falling dramatically (down 8.5% in real terms since 2009/10), we all need a pay rise! So support public sector workers from seven unions (FBU, GMB, NIPSA, NUT, PCS, Unison and Unite) on strike on 10 July.
What can you do?
- Join a union
- Visit your local picket line and let the workers know you support them
- Join your local strike day march or rally
Further #J10 reading:
- Cameron should be defending unions – for capitalism’s sake, says Aditya Chakrabortty
- The austerity myth – why times are only hard for some, Mark Serwotka
- Celebrate the strikers this week, they are fighting for us all, says Owen Jones
- Why it’s right that people should strike, Richard Murphy
The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is a corporate-driven agenda to elevate the right to make corporate profits above any democratic accountability.
We ask ‘Are we reaching the TTIPing point‘ between capitalism and democracy?
- Meet 12 noon on Sat 12 July outside BIS, Victoria Street, London (join Facebook event)
- Join events around the UK on Sat 12 July
- John Hilary (War on Want) – The hidden threat of the TTIP deal
- Polly Jones (World Development Movement) – TTIP: The real costs of free trade
- George Monbiot – The lies behind this transatlantic trade deal
Want a speaker at your meeting – on these or any other economic issues? Let us know – email@example.com
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- July 10th – 2 Million to Demonstrate against deterioration of Living Standards
- Look what Cameron is making one million workers do – Take Strike Action in Oct
- BRITAIN IS ABOUT TO SELL OUT TO THE YANKS
- NHS Privatisation through EU & US – Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP),opposed in Commons Bill
- July 10th – FBU -Fire Fighters join the Strike
- Fair Trade Agreements- Say No to EU/US TTIP