Labour For The Masses
A LABOUR government led by Jeremy Corbyn will be one that truly represents the mass movement, shadow chancellor John McDonnell vowed yesterday.
Speaking to hundreds at the Scottish Morning Star conference in Glasgow yesterday, Mr McDonnell said: “It must not be just Labour going into government. It must be all of us, a mass movement.
“That is why, over the coming months, Labour will be talking to people across the country, in communities, in trade unions, saying: ‘How do you see us making a difference, practically, concretely, to a system that has failed’?”
He said Labour was still developing a radical manifesto for change and wanted the maximum popular input.
At the end of the conference, a Scottish Labour Star supporters group was established to take charge of organising Morning Star events in the Labour Party.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- The Monday Morning Feeling – An Anti-Tory Alliance means Voting Anti Tory
- The Labour Left Rally for a Socialist Britain
- What time should the Morning Star Go To Bed ?
- “The Worker on Sunday” ? or A Star is Born ? -Better Late than Never – Now for subscription concessions
- Decision Making Processes Occur on the “Shop” Floor but the Best Ideas Come from Lying Prone in a Darkened Room – QED ?
- Your Paper needs you ?